Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Push / Pull

My boyfiend gave me the idea to write this post. The other day we went to a restaurant (nothing fancy cuz we're poor, maybe it was a Vips). And I tried to open the door, I push and I couldn't open it so ... I pushed harder, then he came and opened the door by pulling it. Then he told me: "I think this tells a lot about ur personality. When you cannot open the door by pushing it instead of thinking maybe I should pull, you thought oh well I'll push harder lol".

Maybe there are two types of people in the world the ones that'd keep pushing and the ones that'd start pulling instead. This made me think about how little things can tell you loads from a person.
Well sometimes they are not that little, I remember a time that I was talking to a guy I liked and instead of paying attention to what I was saying (I'm sure it wasn't thaaat boring) he spent 5 minutes staring at his reflection on my sunglasses.

Sometimes I wish I was the kind of person who can tell what a person is thinking or how he is just by staring at the things he does. Like Dr Lightman in the show "Lie to me". For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about here's a little synopsis:


"DR. Cal Lightman can detect the truth by analyzing a person's face, body, voice and speech. When someone shrugs one shoulder, rotates their hand or raises their lower lip, Lightman knows they're lying. By analyzing facial expressions, he can read feelings - from hidden resentment to sexual attraction to jealousy." by  http://www.aceshowbiz.com/tv/lie_to_me/summary.html

This ability would be soooo helpful for job interviews! This way you could tell If they are really interested in ur CV and by your answers, analyzing their reaction you could know for sure what they'd wanna hear next!!


Sometimes when you start dating someone, this "little things" are super important. Especially if you are not 100% convinced about the guy, you focus even harder on those things to see if you can get an excuse to not see him again like the way he eats, walks, talks, or answers the phone!
I say this cuz I've experimented yself that If you really like the guy he could eat like a pig and walk like a lorry driver: you couldn't care less! :P


Thanks for reading!


Pilar

No comments:

Post a Comment